[Post sponsored by Volkswagen] Today, I will not turn on the oven for a change. I decided not to bake this time. Instead, you will have to use the stove and a pan if you want to make this delicious recipe with BACON! Shouldn’t be a big problem, right? Especially when BACON is involved :P I haven’t posted anything with bacon for quite some time. Luckily, today’s Caesar Chicken Wraps have a good amount of bacon in them. Nom nom…
If you are following my blog, you have probably already found some of my recipes with bacon – mini burgers, cookies, cupcakes or jam. Because everything is better with bacon! My cholesterol levels might disagree, but no need to worry, I am only eating bacon every now and then ;)
Anyways, bacon goes really well with chicken and salad in a wrap. Add the delicious homemade Caesar dressing and you have a combination that is hard to beat. Without the dressing, the wrap would only taste half as good. If you are not a fan of the anchovies in the dressing, you can simply use one without – I don’t mind ;) I heard some people are not into fish – even though you can’t really taste it in the dressing.
You can easily wrap the wraps in paper or foil to take them with you to the office or on a road trip and eat them later during the day. If you want to produce less garbage, you can use a bento box and fill it up with some more delicious snacks. The environment will thank you and your stuff is also stored safely. With a drink and some cookies, you have a perfect little lunch to take with you.
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
For the dressing:
1/2 cup (120g) yogurt
3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
3-4 tbsp. parmesan cheese, finely grated
juice and zest of 1/2 organic lemon
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. olive oil
For the wraps:
3-4 boneless chicken breasts
oil for frying
some lemon juice
4 slices of bacon
4 tortilla wraps
some lettuce leaves
2 tomatoes, sliced
parmesan cheese, slivered
Für das Dressing:
3 Sardellenfillets, fein gehackt
1 Knoblauchzehe, fein gehackt
3-4 EL Parmesan, fein gerieben
Saft und Schale von 1/2 Bio-Zitrone
1 TL Worcestershire-Soße
1 EL Olivenöl
Für die Wraps:
3-4 Hähnchenbrüste (ohne Knochen)
Öl zum Anbraten
4 Scheiben Bacon
4 Tortilla Wraps
2 Tomaten, in Scheiben
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Wash, clean and dry the chicken breast. Brush with some lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Heat up the oil in a pan and fry the chicken until well cooked, but not dry. Remove from the pan, cut into slices and set aside. Fry the bacon in the same pan until crisp. Remove from the heat, cut into pieces and let cool down.
3. To make the wraps add first some lettuce leaves on a tortilla wrap, place some chicken slices on top. Drizzle some of the dressing on top, add some tomato slices, bacon and parmesan on top and wrap tightly. If you want to eat the wrap “on the go”, wrap it paper or store it in a bento box.
2. Die Hähnchenbrust waschen, trocknen und säubern. Mit etwas Zitronensaft einreiben und mit Salz und Pfeffer würzen. Öl in einer Pfanne erhitzen und die Hähnchenbrust rundum gut anbraten – sie sollte durchgebraten, aber nicht trocken sein. Aus der Pfanne herausnehmen, in Scheiben schneiden und zur Seite stellen. In der selben Pfanne den Bacon kross anbraten, dann ebenfalls herausnehmen, in Stücke schneiden und etwas abkühlen lassen.
3. Für die Wraps erst etwas Salat auf die Tortilla-Wraps legen, darauf ein paar Hähnchenscheiben. Mit dem Dressing beträufeln. Tomatenscheiben, Baconstücke und Parmesanhobel darauf verteilen und dann alles zu Wraps zusammenrollen. Wer die Chicken-Wraps mitnehmen möchte, kann sie in Papier wickeln, oder in einer Bento Box transportieren.
If you ever wondered how to make the perfect wrap, I created a little graphic to show you how it’s done. Start by closing the wrap one side, then fold in the side a bit, cover the stuffing and roll up. Pretty easy actually. If you add more filling, it is much easier to wrap everything, so add a little bit more salad, chicken, and bacon and you are good to go ;)
All said and done – happy wrapping!
You can find this and many other recipes on the ;Foodbloggers for Volkswagen Pinterest board*. Each week a new recipe inspired by the topics cars and mobility will be added.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.
- 1/2 cup (120g) yoghurt
- 3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3-4 tbsp. parmesan cheese, finely grated
- juice and zest of 1/2 organic lemon
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt, pepper
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- oil for frying
- some lemon juice
- salt, pepper
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 tortilla wraps
- some lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- parmesan cheese, slivered
- Start with the dressing and mix the yoghurt with the chopped anchovy, minced garlic, grated parmesan, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and oil until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside until needed.
- Wash, clean and dry the chicken breast. Brush with some lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Heat up the oil in a pan and fry the chicken until well cooked, but not dry. Remove from the pan, cut into slices and set aside. Fry the bacon in the same pan until crisp. Remove from the heat, cut into pieces and let cool down.
- To make the wraps add first some lettuce leaves on a tortilla wrap, place some chicken slices on top. Drizzle some of the dressing on top, add some tomato slices, bacon and parmesan on top and wrap tightly. If you want to eat the wrap "on the go", wrap it paper or store it in a bento box.
- Enjoy wrapping!