Sometimes you got to try new things. In case of baking and cooking, it means trying flavor combinations you haven’t tried yet. Exhibit A: these Tahini Pistachio Cookies! Delicious little fellas, I did not think would taste as good as they actually taste ;) The first bite made it clear – these cookies are extremely delicious!
If you are following my Cookie Friday you might know already I like to experiment a bit with my cookies. Of course there all those classic cookies everybody likes, but I also like to try new and sometimes quite unusual things when it comes t cookies. Not all of them end up here cause it does not always work out ;) But these cookies here with tahini and pistachios are definitely something worth posting…
If you know tahini (sesame paste) you probably connect it with hummus more than with sweet stuff. Even though you can make a killer delicious spread for your bread with it (plus some dates and honey). So good!
Well… why not bake sweet stuff with it? Cookies are perfect to try different flavor combinations. It definitely worked well here. If you like for example those little sesame snack bites with honey from the Asia store, you will probably like these cookies too ;) Sesame and pistachios are a great team – that’s a fact!
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
1/4 cup (100g) honey
3.5 oz. (100g) tahini (sesame) paste
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 cup (100g) ground almonds
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1-2 tbsp. pistachios, chopped
1 EL Vanille Extrakt
100g gemahlene Mandeln
1/2 TL Backpulver
1/4 TL Salz
1-2 EL gehackte Pistazien
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Chop the pistachios and set aside. Form 12 balls out of the dough and flatten a bit, place on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with the chopped pistachios (press a bit into the dough so they won’t fall off). Bake for 8-10 minutes. They should have a nice golden color. Take out of the oven and let cool down on the baking sheet.
2. Den Ofen auf 180!C (350°F) vorheizen. Ein Backblech mit Backpapier auslegen. Die Pistazien hacken und zur Seite stellen. Aus dem Teig 12 Kugeln formen, leicht flachdrücken und mit den Pistazien bestreuen (und etwas festdrücken). Für 8-10 Minuten backen, bis die Cookies eine goldene Farbe bekommen haben. Aus dem Ofen nehmen und auf dem Blech abkühlen lassen.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.Print
Delicious combination of sesame and pistachio in small cookies. Definitely worth trying it!
- 1/4 cup (100g) honey
- 3.5 oz. (100g) tahini (sesame) paste
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup (100g) ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1–2 tbsp. pistachios, chopped
- Add the honey, tahini, and vanilla extract to a microwave-safe bowl and heat up in the microwave on high for about 20 seconds. Mix and heat up again in the microwave, mix again. Repeat until the mixture is well combined and smooth. Set aside. Add the ground almonds, baking powder, and salt to a large bowl and mix until well combined. Add the tahini mixture to bowl and mix until combined. Place in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Chop the pistachios and set aside. Form 12 balls out of the dough and flatten a bit, place on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with the chopped pistachios (press a bit into the dough so they won’t fall off). Bake for 8-10 minutes. They should have a nice golden color. Take out of the oven and let cool down on the baking sheet.
- Enjoy baking!