Couple days ago I asked my followers on Instagram what kind of recipes they would like to see in 2019 in my blog/Instagram account. The answers were pretty much mixed – some said I should just continue what I do already (thanks!) some others were asking for easy, healthier or more vegan recipes. Well… I love easy recipes, so I will try that for sure. Healthier…hmm. Let’s see ;) More vegan recipes are definitely coming this year. Starting with these Vegan Pecan Cookies ;))
Since I am always planning ahead, these vegan cookies did not make it onto the blog because someone said they wanted more vegan recipes. Sorry ;) These cookies were just waiting to be published… but they are one of many vegan recipes to come. I did not switch to a vegan diet, but over the years more and more dishes with just veggies ended up on our table, so vegan recipes are definitely more prominent in our daily life for a while already.
Adapting a cookie recipe like this one here is not that hard actually. Many “non-vegan” recipes work well without the traditional ingredients like butter or eggs. You can often use vegetable oil or plant-based margarine instead of butter and banana for example instead of an egg. Normally nobody notices the changes at all ;)
If you are a fan of pecans, you should try these cookies – no matter if you live on a vegan diet or not. If you don’t mind butter/milk in the cookies, you can also try these Orange Pecan Chocolate Cookies – equally delicious!
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
5.3 oz. (150g) all-purpose flour
1.7 oz. (50g) cornstarch
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable oil
3 tbsp. maple syrup
1.7 oz. (100g) pecans, chopped
150g Mehl (Type 405)
1/2 TL Natron
1/4 TL Salz
100g brauner Zucker
3 EL Ahornsirup
50g Pekannüsse, gehackt
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and set aside. Make balls out of the dough and flatten them in your palm to get round discs. Place with some space in between on the baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool down on the baking sheet for some time, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool down completely. The cookies are stored ideally in a tin box.
2. Den Ofen auf 180°C (350°F) vorheizen. Ein Backblech mit Backpapier auslegen und zur Seite stellen. Aus dem Teig Kugeln formen, in der Handfläche zu runden Scheiben flach drücken und mit etwas Abstand zueinander auf das Blech setzen. Für etwa 12 Minuten backen. Aus dem Ofen holen und erst auf dem Blech, dann auf einem Kuchengitter komplett abkühlen lassen. Am besten in einer Blechdose lagern.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.Print
Delicious vegan cookies – bursting with pecans. So good!
- 5.3 oz. (150g) all-purpose flour
- 1.7 oz. (50g) cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1.7 oz. (100g) pecans, chopped
- Mix the flour with cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add the oil and maple syrup and mix until well combined. Fold in the chopped pecans. The dough will be quite crumbly. Cover and let rest for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and set aside. Make balls out of the dough and flatten them in your palm to get round discs. Place with some space in between on the baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool down on the baking sheet for some time, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool down completely. The cookies are stored ideally in a tin box.
- Enjoy baking!