Everybody knows Tiramisù – this delicious evil dessert from Italy. Evil because it is sooo delicious I could eat it until eternity – but the calories inside are also infinite (or do you say endless?) Anways – way too much :P And the problem is you (or at least me) can hardly stop after one piece…
You can find also low-fat versions of this dessert, but let’s be honest – they are not as good as the original. That’s why my Christmas version has all the calories it needs to make it delicious and I am sorry for that – well almost :P May I introduce you…? This is Speculoos Tiramisù! Speculoos Tiramisù – this is your new BSTF (Best-Speculoos-Tiramisù-Friend) :P
I made speculoos myself this year for the first time – the result was really good! Since this cookies are all over the place around Christmas I thought I could try something I haven’t done before… oh and it doesn’t matter if you make the speculoos yourself or buy it in the store – works fine with any of those cookies.
This dessert will be the spectacular end of every Christmas dinner – I promise :) Not because you will fall asleep directly because you ate too much – no – because it is really delicious!
Best thing about this dessert – it is done in almost no time! The cream is mixed very quickly and the cookies are crumbled in no time – layer the cream and cookies into one of those cute mason ball jars you can buy at the online store lieblingsglas.de* for example and you will have a stunning looking dessert! I have a whole collection of these glasses already in different sizes because I like them so much. They can be used in so many ways…
If you wonder about the size of the glasses in the pictures – yes, I used quite big ones :) The recipe is supposed to feed 4 persons, but I only used two glasses. You either share with a loved one or eat it all by yourself. I did the last one… told you already I can eat Tiramisù until the end of time! :P You could also divide the dessert into 4 glasses :P
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
For the tiramisù:
10 oz. (300g) gingery cookies (speculoos)
1/2 cup (120ml) fresh brewed espresso, cooled
1 cup (230g) mascarpone
1/2 cup (110g) curd cheese or greek yoghurt
1/4 cup (50g) sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup (60ml) milk
For the decoration:
gingery cookies (speculoos)
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Crumble the gingery cookies and add half of it to the glasses (4) as a first layer. Drizzle half of the coffee on the cookies and add a layer of mascarpone cream on top. Repeat with the remaining cookie crumbles, espresso and cream. Decorate with some gingery cookies and iced cranberries.
2. Die Spekulatiuskekse grob zerkrümeln und die Hälfte davon gleichmäßig auf die (4) Gläser verteilen. Die Hälfte des Espresso auf den Spekulatius in den Gläsern träufeln und dann eine Schichte Creme darauf geben. Den restlichen Spekulatius, Espresso und Creme erneut in die Gläser schichten. Mit Spekulatius und gefrosteten Cranberries dekorieren.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.
For the tiramisù
- 10 oz. (300g) gingery cookies (speculoos)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) fresh brewed espresso, cooled
- 1 cup (230g) mascarpone
- 1/2 cup (110g) curd cheese or greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
For the decoration
- gingery cookies (speculoos)
- iced creanberries
- Prepare the espresso and let cool down. In a bowl mix mascarpone with curd cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Gradually add the milk if the mixture is too thick – it should be creamy and not too runny. Set aside.
- Crumble the gingery cookies and add half of it to the glasses (4) as a first layer. Drizzle half of the coffee on the cookies and add a layer of mascarpone cream on top. Repeat with the remaining cookie crumbles, espresso and cream. Decorate with some gingery cookies and iced cranberries.
- Enjoy layering!
- Serving Size: 4
*I have partnered with lieblingsglas.de to bring you this delicious Speculoos Tiramisù. That is why I have to declare this here in Germany as Advertising. All I wrote in this article is still based on my own opinion and has not been affected by anybody :)