This week will be all about little gifts – stuff you can make at home, decorate and give to friends and family… stuff they will actually use and eat and like – pretty sure about that! :)
If you are looking for a small gift you can bring to a party you’re invited, anything homemade is always a good idea. It is something really personal and can be done pretty much last minute most of the times – so no stressful shopping during Christmas season (if you have all the things at home you need of course) :P
For these Chocolate Dunkers you actually need not much – chocolate, heavy cream, some toppings and maaaaaybe some liquor ;) Oh well and wooden sticks and mini cupcake paper liners – I recommend to use those that are coated inside so the chocolate does not seep through the paper. That’s basically it – some paper or foil and a nice ribbon and you’re done.
A nice gift that goes along well with the dunkers, is a mug – not homemade this time ;P The one I used in the pictures is from an artist called Villaraco and can be bought here for example. I like the illustrations a lot :) Anyways – with or without mug – a nice little gift.
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
7 oz (200g) chocolate (milk, semi-sweet or white)
1/4 cup (60ml) heavy cream
liquor (eg. amaretto, baileys, rum)
toasted and chopped almonds or hazelnuts
10 mini cupcake liners
10 popsicle sticks or small wooden spoons
200g Schokolade (Vollmilch-, Zartbitter-, oder weiße Schokolade)
Likör (z.B. Amaretto, Baileys, Rum)
gehackte, geröstete Mandeln oder Haselnüsse
10 Mini Cupcake Papierförmchen
10 Eisstile oder kleine Holzlöffel
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Remove from the heat and pour into the paper liners – let cool down a bit, then stick in the popsicle sticks or wooden spoons and decorate the chocolate with your favorite topping. Let cool down completely (you might need to fixate the sticks so they stay upright in the middle).
3. Wrap in cellophane or plastic bags and decorate. To serve heat up a cup of milk and drop one dunker into the hot milk and stir.
2. Vom Herd nehmen und un die Mini Cupcake Förmchen giessen – etwas abkühlen lassen und dann den Eisstiel oder Holzlöffel in die Mitte stecken und mit den Lieblingstoppings dekorieren. Komplett abkühlen lassen (die Stile müssen evtl. an Ort und stelle gehalten werden, bis die Schokolade fest genug ist)
3. Die fertigen Dunkers in Plastiktütchen einpacken und verzieren. Zum Servieren eine Tasse Milch erhitzen und dann mit dem Dunker darin rühren, bis sich die Schokolade aufgelöst hat.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.
- 7 oz (200g) chocolate (milk, semi-sweet or white)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) heavy cream
- liquor (eg. amaretto, baileys, rum)
- hazelnut brittle
- toasted and chopped almonds or hazelnuts
- mini marshmallows
- chocolate sprinkles
- 10 mini cupcake liners
- 10 popsicle sticks or small wooden spoons
- Chop the chocolate and melt slowly in a heatproof bowl over a pot with simmering water. Make sure it does not get too hot. Add the heavy cream and your favorite liquor - 1-2 teaspoons or leave it out if you are preparing these for kids. Stir until well combined.
- Remove from the heat and pour into the paper liners - let cool down a bit, then stick in the popsicle sticks or wooden spoons and decorate the chocolate with your favorite topping. Let cool down completely (you might need to fixate the sticks so they stay upright in the middle).
- Wrap in cellophane or plastic bags and decorate. To serve heat up a cup of milk and drop one dunker into the hot milk and stir.
- Ebjoy gifting!