Today’s Cookie Friday recipe has probably not much of a connection to cookies when you take a look at the pictures only. Cookies are not the result of today’s new recipe but an ingredient in the dough of these little fellas you can see. Today the cookies got pimped into cute and delicious Sugar Cookie Truffles ;)
Last Friday I published the recipe for super easy sugar cookies. Back then I mentioned already, that you can use those cookies for bakes and other desserts. Like biscuit cookies, they are very versatile – not only good for a sweet snack along with your tea or coffee.
The truffles are basically cake pops without the cake and without the pop… I mean the stick ;) Yes, you can make cake pops with cookies and call them cookie truffles. It’s basically the same – a basic cake/cookie with some cream cheese and an additional flavor like vanilla. That’s it. Some melted chocolate on top, sprinkles and you’re done. There is one important thing though – try to make them round and not shaped like stones or eggs. That’s what mine look like. Not cute but still edible :P
You can also add some chopped chocolate to the dough, nuts or sprinkles – just make sure it’s not too much. If the dough does not stick together anymore you added too much ;)
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
For the truffles:
12 sugar cookies (about 7 oz./200g)
2-3 tbsp. cream cheese
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
For the coating:
5.3 oz. (150g) white chocolate
1 tsp. coconut oil
Für die Truffles:
12 Sugar Cookies (ca. 200g)
2-3 EL Frischkäse
1/2 TL Vanille Extrakt
Für die Glasur:
150g weiße Schokolade
1 TL Kokosfett
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Chop the white chocolate and melt together with the oil either in a bowl over a pot with simmering water or in several steps in the microwave. Dip the balls into the chocolate to cover them completely, then place on a wire rack or a piece of baking parchment. Sprinkle with the sprinkles and let cool down/harden. Store in the fridge when cooled completely (max. 2-3 days).
2. Die weiße Schokolade grob hacken und dann zusammen mit dem Fett schmelzen – entweder über einem Topf mit köchelndem Wasser oder vorsichtig in der Mikrowelle. Die Kugeln in die Schokolade tauchen, damit sie komplett bedeckt sind und dann entweder auf ein Gitter oder ein Stück Backpapier legen und mit den Zuckerperlen bestreuen. Komplett abkühlen/trocknen lassen und dann im Kühlschrank lagern (max. 2-3 Tage).
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.
- 12 sugar cookies (about 7 oz./200g)
- 2-3 tbsp. cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5.3 oz. (150g) white chocolate
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- funfetti sprinkles
- Crush the cookies with a rolling pin in a freezer bag or with a food processor... or your hands until you get very find crumbs. Add the cream cheese and vanilla extract and mix until well combined and a dough starts coming together. Form about 15 balls and place them in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Chop the white chocolate and melt together with the oil either in a bowl over a pot with simmering water or in several steps in the microwave. Dip the balls into the chocolate to cover them completely, then place on a wire rack or a piece of baking parchment. Sprinkle with the sprinkles and let cool down/harden. Store in the fridge when cooled completely (max. 2-3 days).
- Enjoy rollin'!