T.G.I.C.F.! Thank God it’s Cookie Friday!
Yes it is Cookie Friday again! :) I would say the best day of the week! Not only because you get a delicious cookie recipe, also because the weekend is just around the corner :) What could be better? Cookies are normally made very quick, so it is definitely something you can do on a Friday evening after work – 30min and you are basically done. And you get something delicious for the whole weekend! Think about it ;)
These cookies here are made with dried physalis – here in Germany we call them “Kapstachelbeere” – these berries are basically vitamin-c-bombs! So if you eat them, you are doing something good for your body! Think about that! ;)
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
3/4 cup (100g) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup (70g) rolled oats
1/2 cup (110g) butter, softened
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
3.5 oz. (100g) white chocolate, chopped
3.5 oz. (100g) dried physalis, chopped
100g Mehl (Type 405)
1/2 TL Backpulver
110g weiche Butter
1/4 TL Salz
1 TL Vanille Extrakt
1 Ei (L)
100g weiße Schokolade, gehackt
100g getrocknete Physalis, gehackt
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Preheat the oven to 350˚F (175°C). Prepare two baking sheets with baking parchment. Place small amounts of dough on the baking sheets – leave enough space inbetween. Bake for 14-16 minutes – the edges should have a golden brown color. Take out of the oven and let cool on the baking sheets for a couple minutes then transfer to a cooling rack and let coold own completely.
2. Den Ofen auf 175°C (350°F) vorheizen. Zwei Backbleche mit Backpapier belegen und zur Seite stellen. Kleine Portionen des Teiges mit genügend Platz zwischendrin auf die Backbleche verteilen. Für 14-16 Minuten backen – die Ränder sollten leicht Farbe bekommen haben. Aus dem Ofen nehmen und erst für einige Minuten auf dem Blech, dann auf einem Kuchengitter komplett auskühlen lassen.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.
- 3/4 cup (100g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup (70g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3.5 oz. (100g) white chocolate, chopped
- 3.5 oz. (100g) dried physalis, chopped
- Mix flour, baking powder and rolled oats in a bowl and set aside. In a large bowl mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add salt, vanilla extract and egg and mix until well combined. Add the flour mix gradually and mix until just combined - do not overmix. Fold in chopped chocolate and physalis. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (175°C). Prepare two baking sheets with baking parchment. Place small amounts of dough on the baking sheets - leave enough space inbetween. Bake for 14-16 minutes - the edges should have a golden brown color. Take out of the oven and let cool on the baking sheets for a couple minutes then transfer to a cooling rack and let coold own completely.
- Enjoy baking!