Some might think…. apple cake again?! Sure! Let’s make as many apple cakes and pies as possible this season! As a huge fan of all things apple, I just have to bake with apples all the time. So this means there will be even more cakes with apples this year. Not only this delicious apple cake tray bake. I’ve got much more ;)
The time of year you get fruits, berries and veggies from your local farmers fresh in farmers markets or in stores you should definitely get them and make something with it. Right now local farmers are harvesting apples – so why not make as many apple pies and cakes as possible? They won’t be better any other time of the year! Well… apple cakes are great any day of the year but you get the point ;)
When I started this blog several years ago, I already dedicated a whole week to apples with a new recipe each day. Back then. Nobody was interested in these recipes cause almost nobody was reading this blog ;) Well… I still had a bunch of nice recipes for myself. No matter if anyone had seen it or not. I was very happy with my apple bakes ;) If you want to know what I made… go back in time or take a look at the archive. They are hidden somewhere in the back…
Anyways. Today it’s time for some delicious apple cake. Enough to feed a whole family. And friends. Maybe the neighbors as well ;) In my home we normally bake smaller cakes, cause we are only two plus a doggy. We can eat a lot, but a whole tray is normally only made when there are friends or family coming over for a coffee… but you can always freeze cakes like these. So if you are not that many people at home, you can still make it and store the leftover in the freezer for some other day.
The cake itself is made with a very simple dough, where you just have to mix all ingredients in one bowl. I like that much more than a yeast dough. Less work and time spent. If you like Streusel in your apple cake, make some as well and add them on top. Those two extra calories can’t hurt… winter is coming, right?! ;)
The recipe here is one of many recipes I created for Kitchen Stories. You can find it on their website as well as in the Kitchen Stories App (link to the Apple app store) – along with many other delicious recipes and some of my baking videos ;)
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
8.8 oz. (250g) butter, at room temperature
1 cup (200g) sugar
pinch of salt
5 medium eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups (230g) all-purpose flour
3/4 cup (100g) cornstarch
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. milk
For the topping:
42 oz. (1,2 kg) apples (e.g. Jonagold)
3-4 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1.8 oz. (50g) slivered almonds
confectioners’ sugar for dusting
250g weiche Butter
5 Eier (M)
2 TL Vanille Extrakt
230g Mehl (Type 405)
1 P. Backpulver
1 EL Milch
Für den Belag:
1,2 kg Äpfel (z.B. Jonagold)
3-4 EL Zitronensaft
2 EL brauner Zucker
50g Mandeln, gehobelt
Puderzucker zum Bestäuben
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Peel the apples, quarter and core. Cut into thick slices and then drizzle with the lemon juice so they won’t brown. Set aside.
3. Beat the butter with sugar and salt in a large bowl on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one after another and mix well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and mix in. Mix the flour with cornstarch and baking powder, add together with the milk to the bowl and mix until just combined. Spread the batter on the baking sheet to get an even layer. Place the apples close to each other on top of the batter, sprinkle with the brown sugar and slivered almonds and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Take out of the oven and let cool down. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
2. Die Äpfel schälen, vierteln und vom Kerngehäuse befreien. Die Apfelviertel in etwas dickere Spalten schneiden und dann in einer Schüssel mit dem Zitronensaft vermischen, damit sie nicht braun werden. Zur Seite stellen.
3. Die Butter mit dem Zucker und Salz in einer großen Schüssel hell und luftig aufschlagen. Die Eier einzeln zugeben und jeweils gut unterrühren. Den Vanille Extrakt zugeben und ebenfalls unterrühren. Das Mehl mit Stärke und Backpulver vermischen und dann zusammen mit der Milch zur Schüssel dazugeben und nur kurz verrühren. Den Teig auf dem vorbereiteten Blech zu einer gleichmäßigen Schicht verstreichen und dann die Äpfel dicht an dicht daraufsetzen. Mit dem braunen Zucker und den gehobelten Mandeln bestreuen und dann für 30-35 Minuten backen – mit einem Zahnstocher testen, ob noch Teig kleben bleibt und erst herausnehmen, wenn der Zahnstocher sauber herauskommt. Aus dem Ofen nehmen und abkühlen lassen. Mit Puderzucker bestäuben und dann mit Vanilleeis oder Schlagsahne servieren.
Craving more? Keep in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest for new post updates and more. You can also contact me with any questions or inquiries!
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.
Easy Apple Cake Tray Bake
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 60
Easy to prepare and delicious apple cake – enough to feed the whole family and friends… and maybe the neighbors ;)
For the batter
- 8.8 oz. (250g) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 5 medium eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (230g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (100g) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. milk
For the topping
- 42 oz. (1,2 kg) apples (e.g. Jonagold)
- 3–4 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1.8 oz. (50g) slivered almonds
- confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet (13×15 inches /32x39cm) with a high rim with baking parchment or grease and dust with flour. Set aside.
- Peel the apples, quarter and core. Cut into thick slices and then drizzle with the lemon juice so they won’t brown. Set aside.
- Beat the butter with sugar and salt in a large bowl on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one after another and mix well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and mix in. Mix the flour with cornstarch and baking powder, add together with the milk to the bowl and mix until just combined. Spread the batter on the baking sheet to get an even layer. Place the apples close to each other on top of the batter, sprinkle with the brown sugar and slivered almonds and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Take out of the oven and let cool down. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 12
Ach prima, den kann ich gleich für Donnerstag für einen Filmnachmittag backen, wo es ein wenig auf „Menge” Kuchen ankommt. :-)
Na dann gutes Gelingen! Und viel Spass bei der Fütterung der Massen :P