All I got today is one little (delicious) dessert! Sometimes you need something sweet quickly, so planning ahead or extensive preparations are impossible. Sometimes you want your sweet stuff immediately! For yourself or for a surprise guest maybe ;) This Ombré Ruby KitKat Layer Dessert is perfect for that – really delicious and done in no time!
I introduced my Instagram followers to the new Ruby KitKat* (available exclusively at REWE stores right now) not too long ago… with a picture of this layered dessert. Through the comments section and direct messages, many asked if I could post the recipe for that dessert on my blog… well here we are! ;)
It’s pretty easy, to be honest. I used ingredients I had in my fridge to make the dessert – strawberries, cream cheese, heavy cream, and raspberry jam. Luckily all matched well with the pink of the Ruby KitKat and it was easy to get layers with different shades of red/pink ;)
Strawberries are the first thing to grab for this dessert right now, but you can also use raspberries or cherries if you like that better. It should all fit with the light fruity taste of the ruby chocolate. If you can’t get hold of the Ruby KitKat, use a regular one or one of the other versions… with white chocolate or maybe matcha? Saw that green one on a trip to Singapore ;) All I wanted to say – use the stuff you got and it will work out fine. Like all desserts with that kind of combination of fruits/berries and chocolate ;)
Normally I would use mascarpone for a dessert like that but here I thought yogurt or cream cheese would be a better match with the strawberries. You end up with fewer calories which is also a nice plus :P
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
1 Pkg. KitKat Ruby
3.5 oz. (100g) cream cheese or yogurt
1-2 tbsp. heavy cream
1-2 tbsp. sugar (optional)
1 tsp. raspberry jam
1 Pkg. KitKat Ruby
100g Frischkäse oder (Sahne)Joghurt
1-2 EL Sahne
1-2 TL Zucker (optional)
1 TL Himbeermarmelade
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Mix the cream cheese (or yogurt) with the heavy cream until smooth. If you like it sweeter, add the sugar and mix in (optional). Divide the mixture into two portions and add the raspberry jam to one and mix.
3. To layer the dessert add the strawberries to a glass first, then add the cream cheese mixture with the raspberry jam on top, the diced KitKat pieces next and then finish with the second batch of cream cheese mixture. Decorate with the last KitKat bar and serve.
2. Den Frischkäse oder Joghurt mit der Sahne verrühren. Wer es etwas süßer mag, kann noch etwas Zucker dazugeben (optional). Die Masse halbieren und in eine Hälfte die Marmelade einrühren.
3. Als erstes die Erdbeeren ins Glas schichten, dann die Frischkäse/Joghurt-Mischung mit der Marmelade darauf geben. Als nächstes die KitKat Würfel darauf verteilen und mit der zweiten Frischkäse/Joghurt-Masse abschließen. Den zurückbehaltenen KitKat-Riegel als Dekoration ins Glas stecken und servieren.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.
Delicious little sweet treat with fresh strawberries and Ruby KitKat.
- 1 Pkg. KitKat Ruby
- 3–4 strawberries
- 3.5 oz. (100g) cream cheese or yogurt
- 1–2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1–2 tbsp. sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp. raspberry jam
- Cut 3 of the 4 KitKat bars from the package into dices, set the fourth aside for decorations. Wash the strawberries, remove the green parts and cut into dices as well.
- Mix the cream cheese (or yogurt) with the heavy cream until smooth. If you like it sweeter, add the sugar and mix in (optional). Divide the mixture into two portions and add the raspberry jam to one and mix.
- To layer the dessert add the strawberries to a glass first, then add the cream cheese mixture with the raspberry jam on top, the diced KitKat pieces next and then finish with the second batch of cream cheese mixture. Decorate with the last KitKat bar and serve.
- Enjoy layering! ;)
*I have partnered with REWE to bring you this delicious dessert. That’s why I have to declare this here in Germany as Advertising. All I wrote in this article is still based on my own opinion and has not been affected by anybody :)