The weekend is just around the corner and what could be better than bake something small and delicious – quickly of course – we need our time for other stuff ;) Well, cookies are perfect for that. Done in no time and good to eat for a couple of days.
Cookie Friday is not only here to show you the 100 cookie recipes I have in my head – it is much more important that you have something sweet and do not have to suffer from a shortage of sweets ;P Just kidding. BUT: a weekend without a cookie is a bad weekend. Just to let you know. So let’s get baking – today Chocolate Ginger Cookies.
One really good thing about cookies – they are made in like half an hour. Most of them. The clever ones vary the ingredients – you have the same dough as a base and can make two different types of cookies at the same time by just adding different “enhancements” ;) Half of the dough with chocolate and the other half with nuts. Then you can eat chocolate cookies one day and cookies with nuts the second day and on the third day you combine all of them in a big cookie feast ;P
These Chocolate Ginger Cookies are no different. Add the ginger or replace it with something else – candied fruits, dried fruits or something else. You might want to leave out the molasses with other ingredients – works perfect with the ginger, but with more sweet ingredients as a replacement you might want to skip that.
The candied ginger is from a company called The ginger people* – funny name, right?! Wonder if they are all gingers ;P Anyways – they also have ginger syrup** – so the really adventurous people out there that love ginger, can replace the molasses and use that ginger syrup and end up with Chocolate Triple Ginger Cookies. Sounds great, right?
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
1/2 cup (120g) butter
3/4 cup (200g) brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp. molasses
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
6 ounces (170g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
2.8 oz. (80g) candied ginger, chopped
1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
200g brauner Zucker
1 Ei (L)
1 EL Melasse
1 TL Vanille Extrakt
260g Mehl (Type 405)
1/2 TL Backpulver
1 TL Natron
1/2 TL Salz
170g Zartbitterschokolade, gehackt
80g Kandierter Ingwer, gehackt
1/2 TL frischer Ingwer, geraspelt
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to drop small amounts of dough onto the baking sheets, leave enough space inbetween and bake for 8-10 minutes – the edges should be crisp and the center still a bit soft. Take out of the oven, let cool down a bit on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely.
2. Den Ofen auf 180°C (350°F) vorheizen. Mit einem Eisportionierer oder Esslöffel Teigportionen auf die Bleche setzen – dazwischen genug Platz lassen und dann für 8-10 Minuten backen. Die Ränder sollten knusprig sein und die Mitte noch etwas weich. Aus dem Ofen nehmen, auf dem Blech etwas abkühlen lassen und dann auf einem Kuchengitter komplett auskühlen lassen.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.
- 1/2 cup (120g) butter
- 3/4 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 ounces (170g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2.8 oz. (80g) candied ginger, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with baking parchment and set aside. Add the butter and sugars to a large bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Add the egg, molasses and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix in well. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and add to the bowl and mix until just combined. Chop the chocolate and candied ginger, grate the ginger and fold into the batter.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to drop small amounts of dough onto the baking sheets, leave enough space inbetween and bake for 8-10 minutes - the edges should be crisp and the center still a bit soft. Take out of the oven, let cool down a bit on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- Enjoy baking!
**Affiliate Link to Amazon Germany (Werbung)