Are you a fan of peanut butter or do you hate it? I think peanut butter has either fans or hater – there is not much in between. The ones allergic to it maybe though I think they are probably more on the “I hate peanut butter side” ;P In our house everybody is fine with peanut butter, even our French bulldog Bruno likes it ;)
Our little puppy will not get any of these Peanut Butter Cookies though. They are not made for dogs – even though they are kind of healthy. Just not for puppies ;)
For Cookie Friday I try to show you the variety of all the cookies that are out there. Something with chocolate, with nuts, big cookies, small cookies… and sometimes kind of healthy cookies. I do not only bake overly sweet unhealthy American stuff :P
Peanut butter is not really low on calories – that for sure. I mean it has the word “butter” in it. Says it all ;) But it’s mostly good fat, unsaturated fat to be precise. It’s also a good source of protein, potassium (good for the heart) and also fiber. Loads of good stuff. The cookies are also made without white sugar and coconut flower sugar instead which is good for your insulin levels. The cocoa nibs added to the cookies have a lot of magnesium, calcium, iron, etc. – all in all a good mix I guess ;)
Even though the cookies are “healthy” you should not eat more than 1-2 a day, definitely not the whole batch you made :P
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
1 cup (250g) creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup(60g) coconut sugar
1 large egg
2 tbsp. cocoa nibs
1 Ei (L)
2 EL Kakao Nibs
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Add the peanut butter, coconut sugar, egg, and cocoa nibs to a bowl and mix until well combined. Form 12 balls, place on the baking sheet and flatten lightly. Use a fork to press a cross pattern into the top of the cookies and bake for 10-12 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool down on the sheet.
2. Die Erdnussbutter mit Kokosblütenzucker, dem Ei und den Kakao Nibs in einer Schüssel verrühren. Aus dem Teig 12 Kugeln formen und auf das Blech setzen, etwas flach drücken und dann mit einer Gabel ein Kreuzmuster hineindrücken. Für 10-12 Minuten backen. Aus dem Ofen nehmen und dann auf dem Blech abkühlen lassen.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.
- 1 cup (250g) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup(60g) coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. cocoa nibs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and set aside.
- Add the peanut butter, coconut sugar, egg, and cocoa nibs to a bowl and mix until well combined. Form 12 balls, place on the baking sheet and flatten lightly. Use a fork to press a cross pattern into the top of the cookies and bake for 10-12 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool down on the sheet.
- Enjoy baking!