Everybody can bake small cookies, but to be honest – bigger is better! I mean if you make big ones, you can say “… hey, I only had one or two cookies – that is not much!” :P Giant M&M Cookies in da house!
So why making small ones, if you can make big ones? Right?! To be totally honest – the xxl size was not really planned – it just got out of hand while baking ;) I wanted big cookies, but a bit thicker. While they were baking, they spread a lot and the result were supersized cookies. So be warned – you have to be careful. Because they spread a lot they can get dry pretty quick if you bake them too long, so keep an eye on them. They should be still a bit soft in the center but crisp and with a little color on the edges.
Along with Chocolate Chip Cookies these M&M Cookies are a standard in many bakeries, coffee shops and fast food locations I have been in the U.S. In baking books you can find more or less 100 million recipes, so there must be something about them… well it is easy: they are super delicious! And finally also here on the blog :P
Happy Cookie Friday!
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
1/3 cup (70g) brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 2/3 cups (220g) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3.5 oz. (100g) M&M’s
70g brauner Zucker
1/4 TL Salz
1/2 TL Vanille Extrakt
220g Mehl (Type 405)
1/2 TL Natron
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with baking parchment. Make small balls out of the dough and flatten – place on the prepared baking sheets with a lot of space in beween (the cookies spread a lot) and bake for 13-15 minutes – the cookies are done, when they get some color at the edges. Take out of the oven and let cool down a bit on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely.
2. Den Ofen auf 180°C (350°F) vorheizen. Zwei Backbleche mit Backpapier auslegen. Aus dem Teig kleine Kugeln formen, plattdrücken und mit viel Abstand voneinander auf die Backbleche legen – die Kekse laufen stark auseinander beim Backen. Für 13-15 Minuten backen. Die Cookies sind fertig, wenn sie am Rand Farbe bekommen. Aus dem Ofen nehmen und erst auf den Blechen abkühlen lassen und dann auf einem Kuchengitter komplett abkühlen lassen.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/3 cup (70g) brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups (220g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3.5 oz. (100g) M&M's
- Add the butter, sugars and salt to a large bowl and mix on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Add the flour and baking soda and mix until just combined. Fold in the M&M's. Place in the fidge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with baking parchment. Make small balls out of the dough and flatten - place on the prepared baking sheets with a lot of space in beween (the cookies spread a lot) and bake for 13-15 minutes - the cookies are done, when they get some color at the edges. Take out of the oven and let cool down a bit on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- Enjoy baking!