Today’s cookies are not sweet. Finally, I got some savory cookies for you again. No nuts, no chocolate – today I got some cheese for you. Shortbread Cookies with Parmesan and Thyme to be precise. Delicious, addictive cookies…
Even though I really like cookies, I normally only eat one or two at the most when baking a batch. With the big cookies (I sometimes bake) that’s already a lot ;) The rest of the cookies normally end up with colleagues and friends. Once a week as you probably know already ;)
When it comes to savory cookies – especially the ones with cheese in them – I really have problems holding back. Ten cookies, one after another is not unusual ;P Along with a beer or just as a snack – so good! Really! But not good for my hips :P
So be warned, if you want to bake these cookies. They are dangerous for your hips and belly. Maybe you should only make them if you have guests over, so you are not eating them all alone. An even distribution does the trick here :P
Just saying’ ;))
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
1/2 cup (120g) butter, at room temperature
3 oz. (90g) grated parmesan cheese
1 cup (130g) all-purpose flour
1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
grated parmesan cheese for sprinkling
120g weiche Butter
90g Parmesan, gerieben
130g Mehl (Type 405)
1 TL frischer Thymian, gehackt
1/4 TL Pfeffer
1/4 TL Salz
geriebener Parmesan zum Bestreuen
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Cut the dough log into slices and place with enough space in between on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese and bake for 16-18 minutes until nice golden brown. Take out of the oven and let cool down no the baking sheet for some time, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool down completely.
2. Den Ofen auf 180°C (350°F) vorheizen. Ein Backblech mit Backpapier auslegen. Die Teigrolle in nicht zu dünne Scheiben schneiden und dann mit etwas Abstand zueinander auf das Blech legen. Mit etwas Parmesan bestreuen und für 16-18 Minuten backen – die Cookies sollten eine schöne goldene Farbe bekommen haben. Aus dem Ofen nehmen und für ein paar Minuten auf dem Blech abkühlen lassen, dann auf einem Kuchengitter komplett auskühlen lassen.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.
- 1/2 cup (120g) butter, at room temperature
- 3 oz. (90g) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (130g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- grated parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Add the butter to a large bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Mix the parmesan with flour, thyme, pepper, and salt. Add to the bowl and mix until just combined. Form into a log and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes or in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Cut the dough log into slices and place with enough space in between on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese and bake for 16-18 minutes until nice golden brown. Take out of the oven and let cool down no the baking sheet for some time, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool down completely.
- Enjoy baking!