Hello Cookie Friday! Good to have you back! I hope you feel the same ;)
Last week was a bit crazy – Cookie Friday had to be cancelled here and move to Facebook – finally things are more or less back to normal and I can show you again some nice cookies. Well – to be honest – they are the same I wanted to post last week. Thought you should be able to get the recipe properly as usual. So today we have Maple Walnut Oatmeal Cookies!
Some of you might noticed the “drama” that happened last week of have seen it with their own eyes here on the blog. I had a malicious piece of code on my blog that caused big trouble. The site was online, but looked completely broken, pictures were missing, there were links to websites you should not go all over the place :P At some point I tried to close everything down completely, but that did not really work. Luckily I got help from a “coding angel” called Stefan ;)) [click here for his website] Without him I would have been lost completely. I would probably still sit here and scream at everybody :P BUT – everything is fine now!
I did not want to hold back on those cookies – they are really good. That’s why you get them now. Bit late, but who cares ;) Since I published the recipe already on Facebook, some crazy lovely bakers already made the cookies! Seeing that made me really happy! Also all the nice words and people trying to cheer me up and trying to help. You are the best readers possible! :D Special thanks to Stefan again. You are the best! :)
Enough for now. There are cookies! Get some and enjoy your weekend!
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
3/4 cup (60g) rolled oats
1/3 cup (25g) shredded coconut (dry)
1.4 oz. (40g) walnuts, coarsely chopped
2/3 cups (90g) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup (60g) butter
3 tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tbsp. boiling water
40g Walnüsse, grob gehackt
90g Mehl (Type 405)
100g brauner Zucker
1/4 TL Salz
3 EL Ahornsirup
1/2 TL Natron
1 EL heißes Wasser
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
Craving more? Keep in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest for new post updates and more. You can also contact me with any questions or inquiries!
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.
- 3/4 cup (60g) rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (25g) shredded coconut (dry)
- 1.4 oz. (40g) walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cups (90g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup (60g) butter
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 300˚F (150°C). Line two baking sheets with baking parchment and set aside. Add the rolled oats, shredded coconut, choped walnuts, flour, sugar and salt to a large bowl and mix well. Melt the butter and mix with the maply syrup. Mix the baking soda with the boiling water and mix into the melted butter, then add to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until well combined - the dough is a bit crumbly, but that is ok. Form balls (about 2 tablespoons each), place on the baking sheets and flatten a bit. Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until golden brown and set. Take out of the oven and let cool down on the baking sheet, until you can move them, then let cool down completely on a wire rack.
- Enjoy baking!