A good BBQ needs a good BBQ Sauce – seems pretty obvious, right?
The stuff you get in the stores is sometimes pretty lame ;) Often too sweet or in general not well balanced in flavors. If you do your own BBQ Sauce, you can forget about all of that. You are your own sauce master! Make it spicy, make it smokey, make it boozy! It is all up to you!
Creating your own perfect BBQ Sauce is not an easy task, I have to admit that – it takes a couple test runs to find the right balance of the flavors. This sauce here is a good base you can work with! I tested it several times already – mine is spicy, smokey boozy – the way I like it ;) If you are into that – make it as described. If you want to skip the booze… it’s sad, but absolutely fine :) If you’re not into spicy, use less chili powder or cayenne pepper – all up to you.
Since this is a homemade sauce, you should use it within about two weeks – keep it in the fridge. The sauce also works fine to marinate meat.
And now heat up your BBQ and enjoy the good weather!
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
1 cup (240ml) cider vinegar
1 cup (240ml) balsamico vinegar
1/3 cup (80ml) Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
3⁄4 cup (180ml) ketchup
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. smoked paprika
3⁄4 tsp. smoked salt
1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
1⁄2 tsp. onion powder
1⁄4 tsp. chili powder or cayenne pepper
240ml Balsamico Essig
80ml Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
2 EL brauner Zucker
1 EL frischer Zitronensaft
1 EL Smoked Paprika Pulver
3⁄4 TL Räuchersalz
1⁄2 TL frisch gemahlener Pfeffer
1⁄2 TL Knoblauch Pulver
1⁄2 TL Zwiebel Pulver
1⁄4 TL Chili Pulver oder Cayenne Pfeffer
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
1. Add all ingredients to a saucepan and let boil over medium heat until the sauce is reduced to 1/3 of the original amount – this takes about 30 minutes.
1. Alle Zutaten in einen Topf geben und bei mittlerer Hitze auf etwa 1/3 der ursprünglichen Menge einkochen lassen – dauert ca. 30 Minuten.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.Print
- 1⁄2 cup (120ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (240ml) cider vinegar
- 1 cup (240ml) balsamico vinegar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
- 3⁄4 cup (180ml) ketchup
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 3⁄4 tsp. smoked salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. chili powder or cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and let boil over medium heat until the sauce is reduced to 1/3 of the original amount – this takes about 30 minutes.
- Enjoy BBQ-ing!