I know – you are used to seeing sweet stuff on here. But I am also able to make other, more savory things ;) Burger, sandwiches and other hearty snacks. Especially the recipes that can be done quickly are my favorites. Like this Guacamole along with some taco chips and a beer ;)
I know – avocados are a “no-go” for some people, cause growing them in large amounts can cause problems. Avocados like hot weather. That means you need a lot of water to keep them happy. In countries with a hot and dry climate, the cultivation of avocados can cause a sinking groundwater level. Avocados are popular right now, so some farmers are willing to ignore this problem. I don’t want to tell you what’s right or wrong, but if you haven’t known this – you know now ;) Make your own decisions regarding the usage of avocados.
Back to the guacamole. It’s really good. Unfortunately, I probably have to say now ;) It’s not a “classic” guacamole, but almost. The original one has no tomato or chili, but these two additional ingredients are quite common now, so it’s an “almost” classic guacamole ;)
You can eat it with some tortilla chips or you can use it in other dishes as a side or maybe to fill something – grilled sandwiches or wraps for example. Maaaaybe I got some recipes for that in the very near future too ;)
You should prepare your guacamole right before you want to serve it. Unfortunately, avocados have a tendency to brown when sitting on the table for some time. It’s a chemical process you can slow down but hardly prevent completely. The guacamole does turn bad when getting darker, but… not as pretty. That’s all ;)
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
1 small red onion
1-2 garlic cloves
2-3 stems of cilantro (or parsley)
1 medium tomato
chili pepper, sliced (optional)
juice of 1/2 lime
flaky sea salt, pepper
1 kleine rote Zwiebel
2-3 Stängel Koriander (oder glatte Petersilie)
1 mittelgroße Tomate
Chilischote, in Scheiben (optional)
Saft von 1/2 Limette
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Wash the tomato, half and remove the watery insides – cut into dices. Remove the stone of the avocado and add the insides of the avocado to a bowl and mash with a fork until smooth. Add the onion/garlic paste, diced tomato and chili pepper (optional) to the bowl and mix. Add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with some tortilla chips.
2. Tomate waschen, halbieren und die “Innereien” entfernen und dann würfeln. Avocado entkernen und das Fruchtfleisch in einer Schüssel mit einer Gabel zerdrücken, bis eine cremige Masse entstanden ist. Die Zwiebel/Knoblauch-Paste, Tomatenwürfel und Chilischotenscheiben (optional) dazugeben und verrühren. Mit Limettensaft, Salz und Pfeffer würzen bzw. abschmecken. Sofort mit Tortilla Chips servieren.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.Print
Classic Guacamole for dipping or making other delicious things…
- 1 small red onion
- 1–2 garlic cloves
- 2–3 stems of cilantro (or parsley)
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 avocados
- chili pepper, sliced (optional)
- juice of 1/2 lime
- flaky sea salt, pepper
- Dice the onion and garlic cloves finely, chop the cilantro (or parsley) and add all together with some salt to a mortar and crush until you get a nice paste (some larger pieces are ok). Set aside.
- Wash the tomato, half and remove the watery insides – cut into dices. Remove the stone of the avocado and add the insides of the avocado to a bowl and mash with a fork until smooth. Add the onion/garlic paste, diced tomato and chili pepper (optional) to the bowl and mix. Add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with some tortilla chips.
- Enjoy dipping!
- Serving Size: 2