Looking for very easy cookies? Well… I guess I got something for you. These Funfetti Cookie Bites are more or less the easiest recipe I’ve done in a long time. Why make a big fuzz out of baking? It can be so easy sometimes ;) Life is complicated enough, let’s have easy peasy cookies!
I have to admit that I’m a huge fan of all kinds of cookies that have a filling. They are a bit tricky to make, but when you eat one of them and the soft chocolate or caramel is oozing out of the cookie… awesome! I really love that! I’ve got some recipes here and here. On the other hand, an easy to prepare cookie is also great! A plain shortbread dough and rainbow sprinkles. That’s all you need for some nice cookies. More is less in this case ;)
As I said already, the dough is a simple cookie dough you also use for Christmas cookies for example. I use this kind of dough a lot around Christmas – here is an example for cookies we call “Ausstecherle” here in Germany. Classic Christmas cookies in different shapes and with colorful toppings…
If you make these cookies, you can do that one way or another ;) You can either make one big layer of dough, bake it and cut out the cookies right after baking, or you cut the bites before baking. If you want to make it that way, you have to chill the bites good before sending them to the oven or you probably end up with tiny cookies that spread a lot. Chilling is here really essential ;) No matter how you will get nice and sweet cookie bites. A lot of cookie bites ;)
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
1 1/4 cups (160g) all-purpose flour
2.6 oz. (75g) sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup (120g) cold butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cold water
2 tbsp. rainbow sprinkles
160g Mehl (Type 405)
1/4 TL Salz
120g kalte Butter
1/2 TL Vanille Extrakt
1 TL kaltes Wasser
2 EL Regenbogenzuckerperlen
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Bake the cookie bites for about 8-10 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool down on a wire rack. Store in a metal box or similar.
2. Den Backofen auf 175°C (350°F) vorheizen. Die Cookie Bites für 8-10 Minuten backen. Aus dem Ofen nehmen und auf einem Kuchengitter komplett auskühlen lassen. In einer Keksdose o.ä. lagern.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.
- 1 1/4 cups (160g) all-purpose flour
- 2.6 oz. (75g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup (120g) cold butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cold water
- 2 tbsp. rainbow sprinkles
- Mix the flour with sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add the butter in small pieces and mix with the flour. Cut the butter with a pastry blender or knife into pea-size pieces, then rub everything between your fingers until the dough starts coming together. Mix the vanilla extract with the cold water and add to the bowl and continue mixing. Add 1 tablespoon of the sprinkles and knead everything until you get a nice smooth dough. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a square with a thickness of about 0.5 inches (1cm). Sprinkle evenly with the remaining rainbow sprinkles and press a bit into the dough. Cut into 0.5 inches (1cm) squares and place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment with some space in between. Place the baking sheet with the cookie bites in the fridge and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Bake the cookie bites for about 8-10 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool down on a wire rack. Store in a metal box or similar.
- Enjoy baking!