Today’s cookies are special. Something you probably don’t expect but perfect for Cookie Friday! Potato chips meet peanut butter and the result are crunchy cookies. Crazy? Well… ;)
I really like to experiment a bit when it comes to cookies. I don’t care if the result is sweet, salty or maybe hot. Everything can be tested, there are so many possible combinations out there. People I let try do not always like the result – even myself sometimes – but those “fails” never make it to the blog. But that does not happen a lot. Most of the time my little experiments go well. Hahaha…. Dr. FrankenCookie is in his lab again….
Anyways. I decided to try something salty this time. Salted potato chips with peanut butter to be precise. I really like peanut butter. Sweet and salty is right up my alley ;) Together with the potato chips you will get some nice and crunchy cookies. Flavor-wise similar to regular peanut butter cookies, but with the extra kick from the chips ;)
When making these cookies it is important not to bake them too long. You might want to start with 1-2 for testing to get the baking time right – make it 15 minutes and then have a look. The cookies should still be a bit soft – when they cook down they will harden, so don’t worry. If you bake them too long, they turn out very dry. We don’t want that. We want them crunchy, but not like they’ve been in a desert for too long ;)
They go well with a beer (at least for me) ;))
Have a nice weekend!
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
1/2 cup (120g) butter
1 tbsp. peanut butter
1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
1/4 cup (50g) sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (200g) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. coarse sea salt
5 oz. (140g) salted potato chips, crushed
1/4 cup (30g) pecans, chopped
1 EL Erdnussbutter
100g brauner Zucker
1/2 TL Vanille Extrakt
200g Mehl (Type 405)
1/2 TL Natron
1/4 TL grobes Meersalz
140g Salzchips, zerbröselt
30g Pekannüsse, gehackt
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Preheat the oven to 350˚F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to form dough balls – roll those balls in the remaining potato chips until covered completely and place on the baking sheet with enough space in between. Bake for 15-18 minutes – the cookies should have some color, but should be still soft in the middle. Take out of the oven and let cool down on the baking sheet until you can more them, then let cool down completely on a wire rack.
2. Den Ofen auf 175°C (350°F) vorheizen. Ein Backblech mit Backpapier auslegen. Mit einem Eisportionierer oder Esslöffel Teigkugeln formen – diese dann in den restlichen Chips wenden und mit genügend Abstand auf das Blech legen. Für 15-18 Minuten backen – die Cookies sollten etwas Farbe bekommen haben, aber immernoch weich sein in der Mitte. Aus dem Ofen nehmen und auf dem Blech abkühlen lassen, bis man sie bewegen kann. Auf einem Kuchengitter komplett abkühlen lassen.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.
- 1/2 cup (120g) butter
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 5 oz. (140g) salted potato chips, crushed
- 1/4 cup (30g) pecans, chopped
- Add the butter and peanut butter to a large bowl and mix on high speed until light in color. Add the sugars and mix until fluffy. Add the egg and mix in well, add the vanilla extract and mix in. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt and add to the bowl - mix until just combined. Crush the the chips and add half of it to the bold and fold in - keep the rest for later. Add the chopped pecans and fold in. Place the dough in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to form dough balls - roll those balls in the remaining potato chips until covered completely and place on the baking sheet with enough space in between. Bake for 15-18 minutes - the cookies should have some color, but should be still soft in the middle. Take out of the oven and let cool down on the baking sheet until you can more them, then let cool down completely on a wire rack.
- Enjoy baking!