Mother’s day is coming up. Here in Germany it’s pretty common to bring your beloved mom some flowers and something to eat – e.g. cake or sweets… or even better: something you made yourself to show your love! Mostly if you’re bit younger and don’t have money to spend on gifts – yes I’m talking about all those ugly drawings your mother loved no matter what ;))
Well anyways… I know most of you reading this, don’t belong to the category “no money to spend” or “bit younger”, but it’s still nice to make something with your own hands and gift it. At least I think so… and what a coincidence – I have a perfect (and easy) recipe for you ;)
What about some chocolates or “Pralinen” as we call it here in Germany. My mom loves them. Guess you never though of making them at home, right?! Too difficult to make, right? Nope! These little beauties are actually pretty easy to make! With a little help of pre-made chocolate spheres* – at the end it still counts as “all made by yourself” ;) But feel free to make those at home as well!
The recipe here is for chocolates with dark chocolate and coffee liquor – the ones you can see on the right with the almond coating. The ones in the middle are filled with white chocolate, cocoa liquor and coated with coconut shreds. The ones on the left side are chocolates with dark chocolate, hazelnut liquor and a coating made with ovomaltine :) You see – many combinations possible. Go make your mom happy (or everybody else in fact). With chocolates. And alcohol. ;)
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
60 hollow spheres, white- or milk chocolate
1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream
7.8 oz. (220g) milk chocolate coating
1/2 cup (120ml) coffee liquor (e.g. Baileys or Kahlúa)
7 oz. (200g) white chocolate coating
2 cups (200g) sliced almonds
60 Hohlkugeln, weiße Schokolade oder Vollmilch
120ml Kaffee Likör (zB. Baileys oder Kahlúa)
200g weiße Kuvertüre
200g gehobelte Mandeln
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Melt the white chocolate coating and close the opening of the chocolates with a drop of the white chocolate. Roast the sliced almonds in a non-stick pan and let cool down again. Coat the chocolates with the white chocolate coating and roll in the sliced almonds. Place on a baking sheed prepared with a baking parchment and let cool down completely.
2. Die weiße Kuvertüre erwärmen und die Öffnungen der gefüllten Hohlkugeln mit je einem Tropfen Kuvertüre verschliessen. Gehobelte Mandeln in einer beschichteten Pfanne anrösten und wieder abkühlen lassen. Die Kugeln zuerst mit der weißen Kuvertüre überziehen und dann in den gehobelten Mandeln wälzen und auf einem mit Backpapier ausgelegten Backblech komplett abkühlen lassen.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.Print
- 60 hollow spheres, white- or milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream
- 7.8 oz. (220g) milk chocolate coating
- 1/2 cup (120ml) coffee liquor (e.g. Baileys or Kahlúa)
- 7 oz. (200g) white chocolate coating
- 2 cups (200g) sliced almonds
- In a small sauce pan bring the heavy cream to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the chopped milk chocolate coating. Let sit for a minute and then stir until you get a smooth chocolate sauce. Let cool down below 89°F (32°C), add the alcohol and mix. As soon as the sauce has cooled down below 82°F (28°C), fill into the hollow spheres. Move to a cool place and let the chocolate harden (e.g. over night).
- Melt the white chocolate coating and close the opening of the chocolates with a drop of the white chocolate. Roast the sliced almonds in a non-stick pan and let cool down again. Coat the chocolates with the white chocolate coating and roll in the sliced almonds. Place on a baking sheed prepared with a baking parchment and let cool down completely.
- Enjoy eating ;)