It’s time for some chocolate! I haven’t used chocolate in a long time for Cookie Friday. Such a shame ;) Let’s make everything right today by using the double amount of chocolate as well as some Nutella (and coconut flakes) – what do we get? Double Chocolate Coconut Cookies with Nutella Filling!
If you know me or if you are following my blog, you probably know already, that I am a huge fan of chocolate and Nutella. Much better than anything else. I would even exchange raspberries (which I really love) for chocolate and Nutella :P
Today’s cookies are super delicious double chocolate cookies with coconut flakes inside to give the cookies some extra crunch and a filling made with Nutella. I made a Vegan Coconut Banana Cream Pie the other day and had some leftover coconut flakes – that’s why they ended up in the cookies ;)
Note: When it’s hot/warm inside your kitchen, Nutella tends to be quite soft and liquid. Working with warm Nutella can be a big pain in the a** ;) In this case, I recommend to place the Nutella glass in the fridge for some time to harden it a bit. It’s much easier to work with. But don’t leave it there, Nutella is not supposed to be stored there. You could also place small portions on a baking parchment and put it in the freezer for some time. That way it’s even easier to work with it.
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
1 cup (230g) butter, room temperature
1 cup (200g) brown sugar
3/4 cup (150g) sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups (325g) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (60g) cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
5.3 oz. (150g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup (60g) coconut flakes
1/2 cup (160g) Nutella
230g weiche Butter
200g brauner Zucker
2 Eier (L)
1 TL Vanille Extrakt
325g Mehl (Type 405)
1/2 TL Natron
1 TL Salz
150g Zartbitterschokolade, gehackt
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Take the dough out of the fridge and make dough balls in the size of golf balls. Flatten these balls in your hands, add about half a teaspoon of Nutella on top and wrap the Nutella with the cookie dough. Place on the baking sheet with enough space in between and bake for 16-18 minutes. The edges should be firm but the center still soft. Take out of the oven and let cool down on the baking sheet for a moment, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool down completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.
2. Den Ofen auf 180°C (350°F) vorheizen. Ein Backblech mit Backpapier auslegen und zur Seite stellen. Den Teig aus dem Kühlschrank holen und Kugeln formen, die in etwa die Größe von Golfbällen haben. Diese Bälle zu flachen Scheiben pressen/ziehen und dann jeweils einen halben Teelöffel Nutella daraufgeben. Das Nutella dann mit dem Teig umschließen und wieder zu Kugeln formen. Mit genügend Abstand auf das Blech setzen und dann für 16-18 Minuten backen. Die Cookies sollten am Rand etwas Farbe bekommen haben, in der Mitte aber noch weich sein. Auf dem Blech kurz abkühlen lassen, dann auf einem Kuchengitter komplett auskühlen lassen. Mit dem restlichen Teig wiederholen.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.Print
Delicious and rich double chocolate cookies with coconut flakes and a soft Nutella filling. Do I have to say more? ;)
- 1 cup (230g) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (325g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5.3 oz. (150g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup (60g) coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup (160g) Nutella
- Add the butter and sugars to a large bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one by one and mix well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and mix in. Mix the flour with cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture in 3-4 portions to the bowl and mix until just combined. Add the chopped chocolate and coconut flakes and fold in. Place the dough in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Take the dough out of the fridge and make dough balls in the size of golf balls. Flatten these balls in your hands, add about half a teaspoon of Nutella on top and wrap the nutella with the cookie dough. Place on the baking sheet with enough space in between and bake for 16-18 minutes. The edges should be firm but the center still soft. Take out of the oven and let cool down on the baking sheet for a moment, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool down completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Enjoy baking!