Delicious cupcakes decorated to go to a beautiful wedding ;) If you want some nice flavored cupcakes with rose water… no need to look somewhere else.
For the candied rose petals
- 12 organic rose petals
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup (50g) extra fine sugar
- a brush
For the cupcakes
- 1 cup (130g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3.2 oz. (90g) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. rose water
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk
For the buttercream
- 4 medium egg whites
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp.salt
- 1 1/4 cups (290g) butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. rose water
- 1 cup (130g) confectioners’ sugar
- gold powder (optional)
- Start with the decorations by brushing the organic (important!) rose petals with egg white and sprinkle with the fine sugar until covered completely. Let dry on a cooling rack for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners and set aside. Mix the flour with cornstarch, baking powder, and salt until well combined and set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one by one and mix well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and rose water and mix in. Add the flour mix alternating with the milk in 2-3 batches and mix until just combined. Divide the batter between the paper liners and bake about 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Take out of the oven and let cool down completely on a wire rack.
- Add the egg whites, sugar, and salt for the buttercream to a large heatproof bowl and place on a pot with simmering water. Mix until the egg whites reach a temperature of 160°F (71°C). Take off the heat and mix with a handheld mixer or kitchen machine for about 5 minutes on high speed until the mixture is back to room temperature, thick and glossy. Add the butter in small pieces one by one and mix well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract, rose water, and confectioners’ sugar, and mix again for about 5 minutes on high speed until creamy. If you want the buttercream colored, add some food color and mix in.
- Fill the buttercream into a piping bag with a large round opening and decorate the cupcakes. Sprinkle with some gold powder (optional) and place a candied rose petal on each cupcake.
- Enjoy baking!