- 1/2 cup (120g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (220g) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup (130g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (150g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup (ca. 200g) cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180°C). Grease a 8×8 inch (20x20cm) baking pan and set aside.
- Meld the butter. In a large bowl add the brown sugar and melted butter and mix until well combined. Add the egg, vanilla extract and salt and mix. Add the flour and stir until just combined, don’t overmix or the blondies will get quite tough.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate and cherries. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth it out. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until edges begin to slightly pull away from sides of pan and center is set or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (the time varies depending on the cherries and how much liquid gets into the dough). Let cool completely before cutting into pieces.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 12