Delicious soft and crunchy (on the outside) cookies with banana, walnuts and large chocolate pieces. Almost too good to be true ;)
- 1/2 cup (65g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 oz. (90g) butter
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 medium-sized ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup (40g) rolled oats
- 3.5 oz. (100g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup (30g) walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and set aside. Mix the flours with baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the butter and sugars to a large bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined. Mix in the mashed banana. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the oats, chocolate, and walnuts. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to place dough portions with enough space on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-13 minutes until set with a nice golden color. Take out of the oven and let cool down a bit on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool down completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Enjoy baking!