Delicious, sugar-reduced chocolate cake with avocado, bananas, and walnuts. A great combination that gives the cake a great texture.
For the cake batter
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup (130g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (100g) coconut blossom sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. milk
- 2/3 cup (80g) walnuts, chopped
- 1.7 oz. (50g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
For the decoration
- 3 oz. (85g) semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (120g) heavy cream
- some chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inches (23x13cm) loaf pan or line with baking parchment. Set aside.
- Add the avocado and bananas to a large bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well. Mix the flour with cocoa powder, coconut blossom sugar, baking soda, and cinnamon until well combined. Add together with the milk to the bowl with the avocado and banana and mix until just combined – do not overmix! Fold in the chopped walnuts (keep some for decorations) and chocolate. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Take out of the oven and let cool down in the pan for about 15 minutes, then carefully remove and let cool down completely on a wire rack.
- Chop the chocolate and add to a heatproof bowl. Heat up the heavy cream (either in a pot on the stove or in the microwave) and pour over chocolate. Let sit for 10 minutes, then stir until smooth. Let cool down and thicken – takes about an hour. Spread the thick ganache on the cake and sprinkle with some chopped walnuts.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 10