- 7 oz. (200g) confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 7 oz. (200g) ground almonds
- zest of an organic orange
- 2 tbsp. amaretto
- 2 egg whites
- confectioner’s sugar for rolling
- Sift the confectioner’s sugar with the baking powder into a bowl. Mix in the ground almonds until well combined. Wash the orange with hot water, dry and grate the zest into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Add the amaretto and mix in.
- Add the egg whites to a clean and fat-free bowl and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add the beaten egg whites to the bowl with the dry ingredients and fold in carefully. Cover the batter with plastic wrap and let sit for at least 8 hours, better over night.
- The next morning heat up the oven to 300˚F (150°C). Take small amouts of doug (about the size of a walnut), form balls and flatten a bit. If the dough sticks to your hands, dust them with confectioner’s sugar. Roll the cookies in confectioner’s sugar and place on a baking sheet lined with baing parchment. Bake for about 15 minutes – the Ricciarelli should stay light in color and not brown. Take out of the oven and let cool down and enjoy.
- Enjoy baking!