Delicious and healthy loaf cake with red beets, apple, dates and cranberries.
For the batter
- 6 dates (pitted)
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 cup (240ml) vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup (150g) yoghurt
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 cup (130g) rye flour
- 1/2 cup (70g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 6 tbsp. coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 3 medium cooked beets, grated or finely diced
- 1 medium apple, grated (not too fine)
- 3.5 oz. (100g) dried cranberries
For the glaze
- 1–3 tbsp. pomegranate juice
- 3/4 cup (100g) confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line or grease a 10×5 inches (25x12cm) loaf pan or line with baking parchment. Set aside. Grate the cooked beets (use a rubber glove or your fingers will be very red) and apple and set aside.
- Add the pitted dates, honey and some of the oil to a mixer and mix until you get a smooth paste – add some more oil if is too thick. Add this paste to a large bowl, add the remaining oil, the yogurt and eggs and mix until you get a creamy mixture. Mix the flours with baking powder, coconut flakes, ground cinnamon, ginger, and cloves until well combined. Add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix until just combined. Add the grated beets, apple, and cranberries and fold in. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Take out of the oven and let cool down in the loaf pan for about 20-25 minutes, then remove carefully and let cool down completely on a wire rack.
- For the glaze mix the juice and confectioners’ sugar until smooth – it should not be thick enough to not run off the cake. Glaze the cake and let dry.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 9