Delicious oatmeal cookies with hazelnuts and chocolate. Perfect treat to start your day :)
- 5.3 oz. (150g) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 2.6 oz. (75g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 7 oz. (200g) rolled oats
- 1.7 oz. (50g) hazelnuts, chopped
- 1.7 oz. (50g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and set aside. Chop the hazelnuts and set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and egg and mix until well combined. Mix the flour with baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Add the rolled oats, chopped hazelnuts, and chocolate chips and mix in. Pour that mixture into the bowl with the butter and mix until just combined – works well with a rubber spatula or large spoon. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to place dough portions on the baking sheet – keep some space in between so they can spread. Flatten the dough portions a bit and bake for 10-12 minutes until the sides start to get some color. Take out of the oven and let cool down on the baking sheet for some time, then remove and let cool down completely on a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Enjoy baking!