Delicious cheesecake with blueberries – no need to turn on the oven. Perfect for a hot summer day :)
For the base:
5.3 oz. (150) shortbread biscuits
3.5 oz. (100g) white chocolate
1 tbsp. butter
For the filling:
14 oz. (400g) wild (frozen) blueberries, thawed
zest and juice from 1 organic lemon
1/4 cup (50g) sugar
10.5 oz. (300g) cream cheese
7 oz. (200g) yogurt (3,8% fat)
6 gelatin leaves
For the topping:
5.3 oz. (150g) wild (frozen) blueberries, thawed
3-4 tbsp. blueberry jam
1. Grease an 8 inches (20cm) springform tin and line with baking parchment (base and sides). Set aside. Let the blueberries defrost, keep the juices coming out.
2. Crush the biscuits for the base, melt the white chocolate and butter (either in a bowl over a pot with simmering water or in the microwave) and mix with the biscuit crumbs until well combined. Transfer to the prepared baking tin and press to the bottom to get a nice even layer. Place in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
3. For the filling puree about 10.5 oz. of the thawed blueberries together with the lemon zest and juice until smooth. Add the sugar, cream cheese, and yogurt and mix until well combined. Set aside. Add the gelatin leaves to a small bowl with cold water and let soak for about 5-8 minutes.
4. Squeeze the gelatin to get rid of the water and add to a small pot. Heat up gently so the gelatin can dissolve completely. Remove from the heat and add 2-3 tbsp. of the cream cheese mixture to the pot and mix until well combined. Pour that mixture into the large bowl and mix until well combined. Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle the remaining 3.5 oz. blueberries on top and press down if they are not sinking in. Smooth out the top and place in the fridge overnight.
5. Before serving, remove carefully from of the springform tin and place on a serving plate. Mix the thawed blueberries for the topping with the blueberry jam and spread on top of the cake.
Keywords: blueberry, cheesecake, cake, no-nake, white chocolate