For the filling
- 3.5 oz. (100g) almond paste or marzipan
- 0.7 oz. (20g) butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the topping
- 2–4 peaches, sliced
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1–2 tbsp. almonds, sliced
- 1 roll of puff pastry from the store or homemade
- Preheat the oven to 390˚F (200°C). Cut the almond paste or marzipan into small pieces and add together with the butter to a large bowl and mix until well combined. Add the egg and salt and mix on on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and mix in well.
- Wash the peaches, pit and cut into (not too thick) slices. Heat up a coated (ribbed) grill pan and fry the peaches shortly without any fat to get the dark strips. If you have a bbq – even better – us that one to grill the peaches. Set aside and let cool down a bit.
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Cut the puff pastry dough into a circle and place on the baking sheet. Fold the edgtes towards the center so you get a small edge. Prick with a fork several times and pre-bake for 5-6 minutes. Take out of the oven and let shrink again (if the puff pastry is doming too much, you can use a kitchen towel to press it gently down a bit). Reduce the heat of the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spread the almond mixture on top of the puff pastry base and arrange the grilled peaches in circles on top of that. Sprinkle with brown sugar and the sliced almonds. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Take out and let cool down a bit – serve still warm.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 6