Soft and chewy delicious chocolate cookie made with hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup (120g) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 hard boiled egg, peeled and diced finely
- 1 cup (130g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup (100g) semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and mix in. Peel and dice the egg finely and add to the bowl, mix in.
- Mix the flour with cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the bowl and mix until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and fold in. Use a cookie scoop or spoon and place 12 portions of dough on the baking sheet (you will need to bake in two batches) – leave enough space in between. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges start to get crispy. The cookies will still be quite soft in the middle, but that is ok. Take out and leave on the baking sheet for several minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool down completely.
- Enjoy baking!