For the streusel
- 1 cup (130g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup (80g) butter, at room temperature
For the cheesecake filling
- 5.3 oz. (150g) semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 18 oz. (500g) low-fat curd cheese
- 10 oz. (300g) cream cheese
- 3/4 cup (90g) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
For the cornflake crunch
- 1.8 oz. (50g) semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup (35g) cornflakes
- Mix the flour with cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Add the butter in small pieces and rub everything between your fingers until streusel form. Place in the fridge until needed.
- Chop the chocolate for the filling and crunch and melt carefully in the microwave or in a heatproof bowl over a pot with simmering water. Let cool down.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9.5 inch (24cm) springform tin with baking parchment and grease lightly. Set aside.
- Divide the eggs and place in separate bowls. Beat the egg whites until foamy, then gradually add 1/4 cup (50g) of the sugar and mix until stiff peaks form. Set aside. Add the remaining sugar (1/2 cup/100g) and vanilla extract to the bowl with the egg yolks and mix until pale and fluffy. Add the low-fat curd cheese and cream cheese to the bowl and mix until well combined. Mix the cornstarch with the cocoa powder and sift into the bowl. Mix until combined. Add 3/4 (5.3 oz./150g) of the melted chocolate to the bowl and mix in. Add the whipped egg whites to the bowl and carefully fold in. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and smooth out the top. Sprinkle with the streusel and bake for 50-60 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool down in the tin.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the cornflake crunch by mix the remaining melted chocolate with the cornflakes until all cornflakes are covered with chocolate. Spread on a piece of baking parchment and let dry/harden. Crush the covered cornflakes a bit and sprinkle the cooled cheesecake with it. Serve with some whipped cream or vanilla sauce.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 12