- 2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) butter, melted
- 1 cup (200g) mascobado sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar, for coating
- Mix the flour with the cornstarch, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Set aside. Melt the butter and let cool down a bit.
- In a large bowl mix the sugars with the melted butter until well combined. Add the egg and mix on high speed until the mixture is lighter in color and creamy. Add the vanilla extract and mix in. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined – do not overmix. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and set aside. Add the sugar for the coating to a small bowl. Make balls out of the dough (about 2 tablespoons of dough each) and roll in the sugar. Place with enough space in between on the baking sheet (they spread a lot) and bake for 12-13 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool down on the baking sheet until you can move them – takes about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool down completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Enjoy baking!