- 2/3 cup (150g) butter
- 2/3 cup (75g) confectioner’s sugar
- 1 3/4 cups (225g) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 7 oz. (200g) whole hazelnuts or almonds
- In a large bowl mix the butter in small pieces, confectioner’s sugar, flour, egg yolk and salt and knead first with a handheld mixer or food processor and then with your hands until you get a nice smooth dough. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (175°C). Line several baking sheets with baking parchment. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a thickness of 0.08 inch (2mm). Use a cookie cutter to cut out small bears. Place them on the baking sheets and knead the remaining dough again and cut out more cookies. Place a hazelnut or almond on each bear and put the arms on top. Place one baking sheet at a time in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool down on a wire rack.
- Enjoy baking!