Delicious cookies with white chocolate and Amarena cherries – perfect little snack for your next summer party.
For the cookies
- 3 1/2 cups (450g) all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 glass (8 oz.) Amarena cherries (3.5 oz. drained)
- 1/2 cup (120g) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. amaretto
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 3.5 oz. (100g) white chocolate, chopped
For the glaze
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1–3 tbsp. heavy cream
- some food color (pink)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Mix the flour with baking powder, salt, and lemon zest and set aside. Drain the Amarena cherries but keep the liquid for later. Dice the drained cherries.
- Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one by one and mix well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract, amaretto, lemon juice, and about 4 tablespoons of the amarena cherry syrup you saved and mix in. Add the flour mixture in two portions alternating with the milk to the bowl and mix until just combined. Add the diced cherries and chopped white chocolate and fold in. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to place dough portions on the baking sheet – keep enough space in between. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are firm. Take out of the oven and let cool down completely on a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- For the glaze mix the confectioners’ sugar with the lemon juice. Gradually add the heavy cream until the consistency of the glaze is not too thick but also not too runny. Divide the glaze in two equal portions and color one with a bit of food color. Decorate the cookies with the white and pink glaze and let dry.
- Enjoy baking!