For the cupcakes
- 5 oz. (140g) semi-sweet couverture chocolate, 45% chocolate or higher
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 1/8 cup (140g) confectioner’s sugar
- 2/3 cup (140g) butter, room temperature
- 1 1/8 cup (140g) all-purpose flour
For the filling
- 3.5 oz (100g) marillen or apricot marmalade
For the frosting
- 7 oz. (200g) whipping cream
- 12 oz. (350g) semi-sweet couverture chocolate, 45% chocolate or higher
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (175°C). Line a cupcake tin with liners. Meld the couverture chocolate (either in a bowl over simmering water or in the microwave in short intervals). The chocolate should not get too hot. Let cool down.
- Separate the eggs. Add half of the convectioner’s sugar to the egg whites and beat until stiff. Do not overbeat or it will get dry.
- In a large bowl cream the butter for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the melted couverture and mix for another minute until the mix is cool. Add the egg yolks and the remaining convectioner’s sugar gradually and mix until well incorporated. Add the flour and mix in quick. Carefully fold in the beaten egg whites and fill the prepared liners with the batter (approx. 2/3 full) and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- For the ganache chop the couverture into small pieces. Heat up the whipping cream. Stirr constantly and bring to a boil. Pour over the chopped couverture and let sit for a moment. Add butter and honey and mix – start slowly and then mix on highes speed for 3-5 minutes to get a creamy ganache. Let cool in the fridge over night.
- For the decoration of the cupcakes heat up the apricot marmalade so it get’s liquid. Take a cupcake corer or knife and cut out the centers of the cupcakes. Fill the holes with the cooled marmalade. Mix the ganache again until light and fluffy (if it get’s too soft, put it back into the fridge for another 15 minutes and mix again). Fill a piping bag with a star tip and decorate the cupcakes with a swirl of ganache.
- You can prepare the chocolate ganache one day in advance.