If you got too many chocolate Easter bunnies at hand, you should try this recipe: Mini Triple Chocolate Cheesecakes to get rid of all that chocolate ;)
For the base:
2 tbsp. butter, melted
For the cheesecake filling:
2.1 oz. (60g) semi-sweet chocolate, melted
5.3 oz. (150g) cream cheese
1/4 cup (60g) sour cream
2 tbsp. heavy cream
1 tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 medium egg
For the ganache:
5.3 oz. (150g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup (120g) heavy cream
2 tbsp. confectioners’ sugar (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Line a muffin tin with 6 paper liners and set aside. Add the Oreos to a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin until you get fine crumbs. Add the melted butter to the bag and mix until well combined. Divide the Oreo crumbs between the paper liners and press to the bottom to form a nice layer. Set aside.
2. Chop the chocolate for the cheesecake filling. Melt carefully in the microwave or over a pot with simmering water. Set aside and let cool down again.
3. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, cocoa powder, and sugar to a large bowl and mix until well combined. Add the cooled melted chocolate and vanilla extract and mix well. Lastly add the egg and mix on a lower speed to combine. Divide the cheesecake filling between the paper liners (they should be quite full) and bake for about 20 minutes until they look puffed up and glossy on top. Take out of the oven and cool down in the tins for some time, then remove and let cool down completely on a wire rack.
4. When the cheesecakes are cool prepare the ganache. Chop the chocolate coarsely and place in a heatproof bowl. Add the heavy cream and either melt the chocolate over a pot with simmering water or (in several intervals) in the microwave until you get a nice and smooth chocolate sauce. Take off the heat/out of the microwave and let cool down a bit. Use a tablespoon and add a small amount of ganache on each cheesecake – try to leave some space between the ganache layer and the paper liner. Place the cheesecakes and the remaining ganache covered for at least 2 hours (or overnight) in the fridge to cool down.
5. Add the cooled and hardened ganache to the bowl of a kitchen machine and whisk for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy. If the cream separates a bit add confectioners’ sugar and mix in. Fill the cream into a piping bag with a star tip and pipe a swirl on each of the cheesecakes.
Keywords: chocolate, cheesecake, easter, mini cakes