For the cakes
- 3/4 cup (180ml) brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup (120g) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (60g) cocoa powder
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 cup (130g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
For the ganache
- 3.5 oz. (100g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80g) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
For the decoration
- fresh berries
- confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Start with making the coffee. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180°C). Grease the mini bundt pans and dust with some cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the melted butter with cocoa powder and coffee until well combined. Add sugar and mix until dissolved. Set aside and let cool for some time.
- In a second bowl mix flour with baking soda and salt. Add the egg and vanilla extract to the cooled cocoa mixture and mix until well combined. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the mini bundt pans and bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool down a bit in the bundt pans and then remove carefully and let cool down completely on a wire rack.
- Combine whipping cream and vanilla extract and heat until bubbles appear on the surface (either microwave or in a small saucepan over medium heat). Pour over the chopped chocolate and let sit for a moment. Stir until all of the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Drizzle the ganache on the cooled bundt cakes, top with fresh berries and dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
- Enjoy baking!