For the chocolate crust
- 25–30 (300g) oreos (or any other dark chocolate cookies)
- 4 tbsp. (75g) unsalted butter, melted
For the raspberry sauce
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/3 cup (75ml) cold water
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) fresh or frozen raspberries
For the cheesecake filling
- 12 oz. (340g) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 12 oz. white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (175°C). Crush the oreos into a fine crumble mixture (you can safe some time if you have a food processor). Pour the melted butter over the crushed oreos and mix. Press into a 10″ (26cm) tart pan with a removable bottom and bake for 5-7 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan whisk together the sugar and cornstarch until well blended. Stir in cold water and add raspberries. Cook over medium heat whisking frequently, until mixture reaches a boil. Allow mixture to gently boil about 5 minutes whisking constantly until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and force sauce through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl to remove seeds, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together cream cheese and granulated sugar until fluffy, about 1 minute. Mix in eggs and egg white. Add vanilla and lemon juice. Melt the chocolate and mix in the cream. Add melted chocolate mixture to cream cheese mixture and blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 325 °F (160°C). Drizzle 2 tbsp raspberry sauce on the chocolate crust. Slowly add the cheesecake mixture over the drizzled raspberry sauce, covering all the raspberry sauce. Carefully jiggle the pan to even out the surface. Fill a syringe (much easier to handle than a piping bag) with raspberry sauce and begin to pipe small dots in a swirl pattern on top of the cheesecake, starting from the outside to the center. Take a toothpick beginning in the center, run the toothpick through the center of each heart (don’t lift the toothpick out until you finish the last circle).
- Bake cheesecake for 40 minutes, turn off the oven and let cheesecake rest for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Refrigerate until fully set about 6 hours.
- Instead of the oreos/dark chocolate cookies, you can also use graham crackers or butterkekse…
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 12