For the base
- 2.8 oz. (80g) salted pretzels
- 1/3 cup (75g) butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. sugar
For the filling
- 9 gelatin leaves
- 1/2 cup (120g) heavy cream
- 21 oz. (600g) curd cheese (quark)
- 10.5 oz (300g) mascarpone
- 1 1/3 cups (180g) confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 9 oz. (250g) fresh strawberries, prueéd
For the decoration
- fresh strawberries
- Line a tall (min. 3.5 inch/9cm) 7 inch (18cm) springform tin with baking parchment and set aside. Crush the salted pretzels either with a mixer or in a freezer bag with a rolling pin until you get fine crumbs. Mix with the melted butter and sugar until well combined. Pour into the springform and press to the bottom (works best with a glass with a flat bottom). Place in the fridge.
- For the filling add tree leaves of gelatin in a bowl with cold water and let soak for about 5-7 minutes. Whip the heavy cream in a tall bowl until stiff peaks form. Place in the fridge until you need it again. In a large bowl mix the curd cheese with mascarpone, confectioner’s sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice until well combined. Take about 1/3 (10.6 oz.) of the mixture, add it to a smaller bowl and place the big bowl in the fridge. Purée the strawberries and add about 1/2 (up to 2/3) of the mixture to the bowl with the filling for the first layer. Mix until well combined. Drain the gelatin leaves a bit and add to a small saucepan, gently heat up until the gelatin dissolves. Add one tablespoon of the curd cheese mixture to the saucepan and mix with the gelatin. Transfer that mixture to the bowl and mix well. Add about 1/3 (1.4 oz.) of the whipped cream and fold in. Pour that mixture into the sprinform tin and smooth out the top. Place in the fridge for at least 90 minutes to set (the other bowls with the remaining filling/purée/whipped cream should be in the fridge too).
- For the second cheesecake layer add half (11.3 oz.) of the remaining curd cheese mixure to a bowl and mix with the remaining strawberry purée. Let the next three gelatin leaves soak again, heat up in the saucepan and mix again with a tablespoon of the curd cheese mixture and then everything together. Add half (1.4 oz.) of the whipped cream and fold in. Pour this mixture on the first cheesecake layer, smooth out the top and place everything in the fridge again for about 90 minutes.
- For the last layer let the gelatin leaves soak again, heat it up in the saucepan, mix with some of the filling, then with the rest of the mixture and fold in the remaining whipped cream. Pour onto the second cheesecake layer, smooth out and let set and cool for at least 4 hours – better over night.
- To get the cake out of the springform tin, run with a hot knife around the cake to loosen it and remove from the tin. Place on a serving plate and decorate with strawberries.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 8