For the cream cheese filling
- 7.5 oz. (200g) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
For the cake batter
- 2 1/2 cups (325g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- red food color
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup (70g) confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3–4 tbsp. heavy cream
- red food color (optional)
- reheat the oven to 350˚F (175°C). Grease a bundt pan (about 85 fl.oz./2,5l) and dust with flour. Set aside.
- Start with the cream cheese filling by mixing the cream cheese with sugar, egg, vanilla extract and flour until well combined. Set aside.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder to a small bowl and mix. Set aside. Add the oil, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract and vinegar to a large bowl and mix until well combined. Add some red food color and mix in – add more until you get the desired color intensity. You need quite a lot. Add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix until just combined.
- Fill the bundt pan about 1/3 full with the cake batter, pour the cream cheese filling on top (try to keep it in the middle, so there is batter left and right) and finish with the remaining cake batter. The cream cheese filling is ideally inside the cake, but if it’s all over the place – also fine ;) Place in the oven and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Take out of the oven and let cool down in the bundt pan for about 30-40 minutes, then remove carefully and place on a wire rack to cool down completely.
- For the glaze mix the confectioner’s sugar with vanilla extract and heavy cream until you get a glaze that is not too runny. If you like mix half of the glaze with some red food color to get red and white glaze. Pour over the cake and let dry a bit before serving.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 12