One of the best pies you can imagine! Delicious creamy Key Lime Pie is just the best in summer.
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups (140g) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1/3 cup (75g) butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
For the filling
- 28 oz. (800g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Key Lime Juice or lime juice
For the decoration
- grated lime zest for garnish
- whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (175°C). Melt the butter and let cool down again. Crush the graham crackers to fine crumbs (use a mixer or crush them with a rolling pin in a freezer bag). Add to a large bowl and mix with the sugar. Mix the butter with the vanilla extract and add to the bowl with the crumbs. Use a fork to mix the crumbs, sugar and melted butter until all the crumbs are moist. Pour into a 9 inch (23cm) pie dish and press to the bottom and sides to form a nice crust. Set aside.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream and lime juice to a large bowl and mix until well combined and smooth. Pour into the prepared pie crust and smooth out the top. Bake for 12 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave in the closed oven for another 40 minutes. Take out of the oven and place in the fridge over night.
- Before serving decorate with some whipped cream and grated lime zest.
- Enjoy baking!