Delicious and easy to prepare cookies with chai herbs mixture.
For the chai herbs mixture
- 1/2 tsp. black tea
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp. aniseed
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. zest of an organic orange
For the dough
- 2/3 cup (150g) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (60g) confectioners’ sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) cornstarch
- 3.5 oz. (100g) ground almonds
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- Add the herbs to a mortar and crush until you get a fine powder. Set aside.
- Add the butter, confectioners’ sugar, and salt to a large bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Mix the flour, cornstarch, the herbs mixture (keep 1 tsp. for later), and almonds in a second bowl. Add together with the milk to the large bowl and knead until the dough comes together – do not overmix. Divide the dough and form two logs, wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for about 1 hour. Mix the sugar with the remaining chai herbs in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and set aside. Cut the rolls into 10-12 slices each, roll the cookies in the chai-sugar-mixture until covered completely and place them with enough space on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Take out of the oven, let cool down on the baking sheet for some time, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool down completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Enjoy baking!