For the base
- 1 cup (150g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (60g) sugar
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped
For the filling
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (500g) ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1⅓ cups (300g) sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. finely grated lemon rind
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. water
For the topping
- 1 cup (250ml) heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Place the flour, sugar and butter in a medium mixing bowl and rub with your fingertips to form a rough dough. Press the mixture into the base of a lightly greased 8 inch (20cm) round springform pan lined with non-stick baking paper (a spatula or the back of a tablespoon works best for that). Bake the base for 30 minutes or until golden and just cooked. Set aside.
- To make the filling, place the cream cheese, ricotta, eggs, sugar, lemon juice, lemon rind and vanilla extract in a food processor and mix until smooth. Mix the cornstarch and water in a bowl until smooth. Add the cornstarch mix to the cheese mixture and mix to combine. Pour over the cooked base and bake for 70 minutes or until light golden and just set. Turn the oven off and allow to cool in the oven with the door closed for about 30 minutes. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cold.
- Whip the heavy cream until light and fluffy and top the cheesecake right before serving. Serves 8–10.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 10