- 1 cup (240ml) cranberry juice
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup (120g) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (150g) lemon marmalade
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- pinch of allspice (Piment)
- In a saucepan mix the cranberry juice, cornstarch and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and let cook for about 5 minutes whil stirring constantly. The sauce should reduce to about 1/3. Add the dried cranberries, lemon marmalade, ground ginger and allspice. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 8-10 minutes – the dried cranberries should get some volume back.
- Try the sauce (be careful it is really hot!) and add some more sugar if you want it sweeter. If it is fine, take from the heat and let cool down. The sauce is good to go now. If you want the sauce without the big cranberries add it to a blender and mix until you get a smooth sauce. If it is too thick add some more cranberry juice.
- Enjoy cooking!