- 1 can (11.5 fl. oz.) evaporated milk (7,5 % fat)
- 8 medium very fresh egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups (250g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup (240ml) white or dark rum
- Set the heatable bowl of your KitchenAid to 167°F (75°C) and 6 minutes of time. Start. As soon as the bowl reaches a temperature of about 140°F (60°C) add evaporated milk, egg yolks, vanilla extract and confectioners’ sugar – mix on low speed until combined. Add the rum and mix until the temperature has been reached and the timer starts and finishes. Pour the still warm mixture into a clean bottle, let cool down and then store in the fridge. Should stay good for at least 4 weeks.
- If you want to prepare the eierlikör without the KitchenAid, add the ingredients to a heatproof bowl and place on a pot with simmering water – mix all for 6-8 minutes until the mixture thickens and looks creamy. Also, fill into a clean bottle and store in the fridge.
- Enjoy drinking!