Delicious and large coffee house style muffins with loads of chocolate. Get a coffee or glass milk ready and enjoy!
- 11 oz. (300g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped and divided
- 1/2 cup (120g) butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80g) sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (30g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat the ove to 425°F (220°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners (tulips). The recipe is for larger muffins – if you only have regular paper liners, you need more. Set aside.
- Chop the chocolate. Set aside about 7 oz. (200g) of the chocolate and add the rest to a heatproof bowl along with the butter. Melt in the microwave or over a pot with simmering water. Mix until smooth and let cool down a bit. Add the sugar, sour cream, vanilla extract and eggs and mix until well combined. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl and mix. Add the chocolate mixture and fold in until well combined. Add about 2/3 of the chopped chocolate you kept aside and fold in. Fill into the tulip paper liners and sprinkle with the remaining chopped chocolate. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350°F (175°C) and bake another 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Take out of the oven and let cool down completely on a wire rack.
- Enjoy baking!