For the cookies
- 3 cups (350g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 6.3 oz. (180g) butter
- 1 3/4 cups (350g) cane sugar
- 1 sachet (8g/0.3 oz) vanilla sugar (or 1 tsp. vanilla extract)
- 2 eggs
- 3.5 oz. (100g) semi-sweet chocolate
- 5.3 oz. (150g) roasted/salted cashews
For the caramel topping
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) sugar
- about 2 tsp. fleur de sel
- Mix the flour with baking powder, butter, cane sugar and vanilla sugar. In a separate bowl mix the eggs on high speed until light and fluffy. Add to the flour-butter mix and combine. Chop the chocolate and cashwes coarsley, add to the bowl and fold in.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180°C). Line three baking sheets with baking parchment. Take about a tablespoon of dough each time, form small balls and place on the baking sheets with enough space in between – the cookies will spread while baking. Bake for about 15 minutes until the edges of the cookies get a light golden color. Take out of the oven and let cool down completely.
- Make the caramel by adding the sugar to a pan – let melt slowly over medium high heat. When melted, work quick and glaze each cookie with a small amout of caramel and sprinkle with some fleur de sel – let cool down and enjoy.
- Enjoy baking!