- 1 cup (115g) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups (140g) rolled oats
- 2 cups (100g) barberry
- 3.5 oz. (100g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- In a large bowl beat the butter with the sugars until fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and the eggs one after another and beat on high speed until well combined.
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Add the oats, barberry and chopped chocolate and fold in. Place in the fridge and let cool down for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (175°C). Prepare two baking sheets with baking parchment. Place small amounts of dough onto the baking sheets with enough space inbetween. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Take out of the oven and let cool slighly on the baking sheets before transferring to a cooling rack and letting them cool down completely.
- Happy crumbling!