For the crust
- 6 oz. (170g) saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup (110) butter, softened
- 3 tbsp. sugar
For the filling
- 14 oz. (400g) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (120ml) lemon juice (3–4 lemons)
- 7 oz. (400g) heavy cream, whipped
- flaky sea salt
- Fill the crackers in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin until you get fine crumbs (but not dust!). Add together with the sugar to a large bowl and mix. Add the butter in small pieces and rub with your fingers until you get streusel. Transfer to an 8 inch (20cm) pie dish and press to the sides and bottom. Let cool in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (175°C). Take the pie crust out of the fridge and bake in the middle of the oven for about 16-18 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Take out of the oven and let cool in the pie dish on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl beat the egg yolks until pale and fluffy. Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix until combined. Add the lemon juice and mix until all is well combined. Pour into the pie crust and and bake for about 16-18 minutes until the filling has set. Let cool completely and then place in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Garnish the cake with whipped cream and sprinkle with some sea salt.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 6