For the crust
- 1 package tarte dough pre-made
- 1 1/4 cups (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. butter, cold
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream, cold (plus more if needed)
For the filling
- 4 medium sized apples (about 18 oz./500g)
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
To finish the cakes
- 1 egg
- sugar for sprinkling
For the mascarpone cream
- 8.8 oz. (250g) mascarpone
- 3/4 cup (200ml) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (50g) confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 oz. (30g) hazelnuts, chopped
- Use the pre-made dough or make one with the ingredients listed above. Just mix the ingredients until you get a nice smooth dough and let rest in the fridge for about 45 minutes before using it.
- Wash, peel and core the apples, cut into small dices. Add together with the sugar to a bowl, mix and let soak for about 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Drain the apples, discard the liquid. Mix the apples with cinnamon and cornstarch until well combined. Grease the glass jars and fill with the apples – you might need to shake the glasses a bit so the apples fill up all the space. Roll out the dough on a floured surface (pre-made or fresh) and cut out rounds in the size of the opening of the glasses. Place on the glasses and press down to cover the apples. Use a sharp knife to cut vent holes into the dough, brush with some whisked egg and sprinkle with the sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- For the mascarpone cream mix the mascarpone with heavy cream, confectioner’s sugar and cinnamon until well combined. Serve alont with the cakes, decorate with some chopped hazelnuts.
- Enjoy baking!